Thursday, May 28, 2015

Project Decorate: Outdoor Living Area Redo


My next design project is up and running and will be a challenging one. The house my friend is buying is a short sale, in bad condition, and with not much potential (if you ask me) but she likes it and it is within her price range. Escrow has not closed yet so I will not be posting pictures at this time but I will post this one as it gives a good idea about what we will be up against:

Picture is from MLS

My friend has a vision of transforming this enclosed porch into a mini oasis (as tropical and snazzy as it can be done, as she put it, but for little money). 

So, I first went looking for inspirations to figure out what exactly my friend had in mind. So here are some of the finalists (her picks):

Outdoor Dining Area A Hamptons Getaway Designed for Outdoor Living...



Secrets to Designing the Ultimate Outdoor Kitchen Architectural Digest



Covered Patio - Mediterranean - deck/patio - Architectural Digest



Lush Loggia Patio


Lush Loggia Patio (clipped to polyvore.com)

So stay tuned I will be posting the moodboards for each in my next posts. In the meantime which style you think will work best for our poor enclosed porch?
Thank you for reading and hope you will check back to see the moodboards and the final redesign. 

XOXO Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment